Musée Marc-Deydier
Created in 1970, the Marc Deydier Museum is located in a 17th-18th century townhouse. It is dedicated to Marc Deydier, an autodidact, notary, photographer, and prehistorian (1845- 1920). These archeological collections present remnants from civilizations of the Neolithic and Bronze Age, including a 9thy century Iberian-type stele inscribed with a helmet, sword, and shield; furniture items coming from the du Viehly Gallo-Roman villa (a graffito of a roman sailing vessel) and from a mausoleum belonging to an aristocratic Gallo-Romain family (1st to 4th century a.d..). Several rooms dedicated to local ethnography depict life in Cucuron around the 1900's. The displays are illustrated with photographs by Marc Deydier taken between 1903 and 1916 (over 3200 at our disposal!) showing the people of the times and the various activities of the rural community living at the southern piedmont of the Grand Luberon in the beginning of the 20th century.

Thématiques : Antiquité / Archéologie / Ethnologie / Photographie / Préhistoire /
Animations pédagogiques / Ateliers / Visites guidées /
Activite public jeune :
Animations organisées en fonction des expositions temporaires.

Activite public familial :
Animations organisées en fonction des expositions temporaires.

Activite public specifique :
Animations organisées en fonction des expositions temporaires.

Publications adulte
– “Promenades archéologiques à Cucuron”
– “Guide archéologique du village et du musée”   
-"Marc Deydier 1845 - 1920"

Informations pratiques
Adresse :
Rue de l’Église - 84160 - Cucuron
Tél. : +33490098761
Fax. : +33
Contact :
Accès :   
Le musée est situé à proximité immédiate de l'église. Parkings de l'église ou du cimetière (gratuits).

Horaires :
Tous les jours de 10h30 à 12h et de 14h à 17h30

Tarifs :
  • Plein tarif : Gratuit €
Services :
Carte du réseau
Musées archéologiques